Emergency Relief Fund to Provide Aid to Communities in Indonesia Impacted by the Covid-19 Crisis
The Balai Bahasa dan Budaya Indonesia Victoria dan Tasmania (BBBIVT) has taken the decision to establish a dedicated fund to provide aid initially to a small number of grass-roots organisations whose focus is on vulnerable children. Although the BBBIVT’s aims since its inception have focused on educational, social and cultural aims, with the present crisis affecting Indonesia so badly, we want to broaden our focus to do what we can to assist the personal wellbeing of Indonesians, especially the young.
In deciding how and to whom to direct our support we have followed these guiding principles. Any organisation, body, group or individual must:
- have a primary focus on providing for the needs of vulnerable and/or at-risk children or young adults still undertaking education
- guarantee that all the funding or aid-in-kind directly benefits the target group, with nothing siphoned off for ‘administrative’ costs or the like. Bank charges are an acceptable exception
- be known as a reputable organisation to at least one of the BBBIVT committee members
- undertake to provide the BBBIVT with a timely basic accounting of how the funds received are disbursed
The amount and frequency of assistance provided to the nominated recipients will be decided from time to time by the committee, but it is envisaged that funds will be made available in small amounts on a regular basis, in negotiation with the recipients, for the duration of the program.
The BBBIVT is now soliciting either one-off or regular donations from members and other interested people and groups.
All donors will receive twice-yearly reports on how donated funds have been spent, and may request an update at any time. At the moment we are supporting the following groups and organisations, and will be adding more in the near future:
- Sanggar Widya Insan Sejati, Bogor, West Java
- Yayasan Palopo, Palopo, Sulawesi
- Rumah Welas Asih, Yayasan Hati Bagi Bangsa, Semarang, Central Java
You can contribute through the following dedicated bank account, and your contribution will be promptly acknowledged:
- Bank: Bank Australia
- BSB: 313140 Account Number: 12361075
- Account Name: Philanthropy Account
Alternatively you may donate online via our secure online payments facility:
Make a donation to the BBBIVT.
We thank you most sincerely for your generosity.